Registered Nurse Emergency Services PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency Services PRN you want in your
current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you -
at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Northside Hospital
which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Florida Northside Hospital,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
HCA Florida Northside Hospital!Job Summary and QualificationsWe are
seeking an ER Registered Nurse for our dynamic Emergency
Department. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure all
patients receive high quality, efficient care in a fast-paced,
high-acuity environment. We are an amazing team that works hard to
support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you
who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to
apply now. What you will do in this role:
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including triage,
screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care,
and arranging or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients' records including
posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician
- * Must be licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance
with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact
license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support)
- American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- American Heart Association PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life
Support) and/or ENPC (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course)
certifications required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Current NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale)
certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal
communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written
instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skillsThis
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Northside Hospital is a 280+
bed facility offering state-of-the-art treatment. We are located in
the heart of South Pinellas County. We're minutes from the pristine
Gulf Coast beaches and downtown St. Petersburg, FL. Our facility
offers a full range of services. These include interventional
stroke care, and spine care. These also include orthopedics,
24-hour emergency services, cardiac care and general surgery. We
are the first nationally recognized Comprehensive Stroke Center in
Pinellas County. Northside Hospital is proud of our recognition as
an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are an American
College of Radiology Accredited facility. We are a Top Performer on
Key Quality Measures. The Tampa Bay Heart Institute at Northside
Hospital is a comprehensive cardiac care center. Our heart program
is widely known for introducing new procedures. The team at
Northside Hospital continues to expand its services. We strive to
give the St. Petersburg community a healthier tomorrow. HCA
Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies
by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In
2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital.
People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse Emergency Services PRN opening. We review all applications.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We
are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, St. Petersburg , Registered Nurse Emergency Services PRN, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!