Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Paramedic? At HCA Florida Northside
Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300
million in programs to support our incredible team members over the
course of three years.BenefitsHCA Florida Northside Hospital,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Paramedic like you to be a part of
our team.Job Summary and QualificationsWe are seeking a Paramedic
for our Emergency Department Team. As our Paramedic, you will
perform basic patient care services related to nursing care under
the supervision of the ER nurse (RN). You will also assist the
patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized,
adequately stocked and safe patient care environment. We are a
family like team caring for each other as we care for our patients!
Delegated tasks may include:
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and
output, calorie counts, apply ice/heat as directed, and perform
simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- You will perform safe patient handling that may include turning
and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer,
assistance walking, oxygen use and suction use.
- You are responsible and accountable for providing patient care
under the direct supervision of the physician and/or RN/Charge RN
in accordance with physicians' orders, and established policy and
- You will facilitate patient transfer to floors, and assist with
- You will accurately document the administration of care in the
patient record in a timely manner.
- You will identify and proactively communicate any changes in
patient condition, results, behavior, observations, or complaints
and reports to RN/Charge RN/LPN. Requirements:
- Paramedic Licensure in this state
- American Heart Association ACL, BLS, PALS
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for
- One year Paramedic experience preferred
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days
of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMP), or Emergency Medical
Technician (EMT)This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations
(unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).Northside
Hospital is a 280+ bed facility offering state-of-the-art
treatment. We are located in the heart of South Pinellas County.
We're minutes from the pristine Gulf Coast beaches and downtown St.
Petersburg, FL. Our facility offers a full range of services. These
include interventional stroke care, and spine care. These also
include orthopedics, 24-hour emergency services, cardiac care and
general surgery. We are the first nationally recognized
Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pinellas County. Northside Hospital
is proud of our recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with
PCI. We are an American College of Radiology Accredited facility.
We are a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. The Tampa Bay Heart
Institute at Northside Hospital is a comprehensive cardiac care
center. Our heart program is widely known for introducing new
procedures. The team at Northside Hospital continues to expand its
services. We strive to give the St. Petersburg community a
healthier tomorrow. HCA Healthcare has been named one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten
consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people
beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Paramedic opening. Qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our
community of caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, St. Petersburg , Paramedic, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!