Staff Pharmacist - St Petersburg, Florida - Pharmacist
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Staff Pharmacist - St Petersburg, FloridaPURPOSE AND
SCOPE:Processes and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs and
other pharmaceuticals to dialysis patients in accordance with state
and federal pharmacy regulations and applicable standards of
practice. Ensures the highest level of quality in provision of
pharmacy servicesPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, interprets and dispenses prescriptions issued by
physician ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all pertinent company standard
operating procedures and policies and all local, state, and federal
- Maintains established quality assurance procedures, security of
all prescription medication, and appropriate disposal of materials,
adhering to infection-control protocols, and maintaining a safe and
clean working environment.
- Ensures accuracy of prescription, identifies inconsistencies,
and imitates appropriate action to correct identified
- Follows up with the appropriate staff and agencies to ensure
that problems are resolved and corrected as required.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements and
efficiencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for all tasks and actions related to Schedule II
medications prior to shipping.
- Manages work queues
- Ensures functions performed by junior staff have been
- Verifies the preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, order
entries, and charges.
- Acts as a resource for staff providing informal guidance,
direction and advice through correct processes, procedures, and
- Makes professional decisions regarding therapy management,
often requiring the use of query reports.
- Maintains pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory, using
the Pharmacy Management software, ensuring accuracy of data at all
- Tracks patient data, such as patient name, prescribed
medication, and cost
- For drug recalls, runs a report to determine the names of any
patients who have received the drug(s).
- Provides clinical consultation to internal personnel and/or
patients regarding medication.
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and
internal personnel on drug interaction, side effects, dosage and
storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Resolves issues that arise when patient is out of
- Maintains current pharmaceutical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and
participating in professional societies.
- Works with junior staff with pharmacy inventory, ensuring that
it is maintained at all times.
- Removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy
- Provides recommendations to healthcare providers and patients.
Consults with patient and physician regarding over the counter
products, side effects, and dosages, ensuring accuracy of
information at all times.
- May provide work direction to per diem or temporary staff as
- Responsible for receiving drug deliveries and signing invoices
confirming correct control substances delivered.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- On call services as required.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all
applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and
federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct
- Other duties as assigned.Additional responsibilities may
include focus on one or more departments or locations.-- See
applicable addendum for department or location specific
functions.--PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to both sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for long periods of time
- Ability to lift a maximum of 10 poundsEDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy
required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Appropriate state licensure requiredEXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED
- One year directly related work experience preferred.
- Strong clinical background chronic kidney disease patients
- Knowledge of current Pharmacy Law.
- Continuing education in chronic kidney disease.
- Mail order and/or retail experience helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office Applications and pharmacy
management systems.EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, St. Petersburg , Staff Pharmacist - St Petersburg, Florida - Pharmacist, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!