Medical Technologist II PRN
Company: St. Petersburg General Hospital
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemNew Grads
Welcome!HCA Florida St. Petersburg Hospital 6500 38th Ave N St.
Petersburg, FL 33710We are seeking a hospital-based Medical
Technologist PRN -like you to join our organization. HCA Florida
St. Petersburg Hospital. Our full-service 215-bed acute care
facility provides a wide range of healthcare services to
communities in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County and beyond.As a
Medical Technologist, you will perform stat and routine clinical
laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which
individuals and departments are licensed under the direction of a
Laboratory Supervisor, Manager or Director. You will perform duties
consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and
apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent
judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will also
maintain licensure, competency, and will regulatory schedule in
Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory.
-You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited
to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the
department as required. Finally, you will support the department in
achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory
compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy
work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental
- Become proficient with information system computer functions
relative to job duties.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the
performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section
procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow.
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions
and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the
absence of the supervisor.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation
pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent
thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
(including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any
outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes
necessary documentation. -
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable
guidelines and parameters.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control,
standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency
requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic
maintenance according to schedule. -
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to
resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and
utilize them appropriately.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test
results according to established procedures and in a timely
manner.Qualifications You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the
ability to obtain a license prior to starting a new position
- A minimum of 3 years as a Medical TechnologistAdditional
- You should have availability to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel,
move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 poundsHCA
Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for
three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also been
named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies and ranks
63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of excellence! We
want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued?
-If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively
interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from
you.We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.Notice Our Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: St. Petersburg General Hospital, St. Petersburg , Medical Technologist II PRN, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!