Home Health LPN PRN
Company: COVENANT HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC.
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Why Covenant Care?
Are you a Healthcare Warrior? Want a competitive, engaging job with
great perks? Want a seat at the table to discuss strategy? Want to
see your ideas put into action? Then you want to look closely at a
career with Covenant Care.
Covenant Care is one of the largest non-profit providers of home
health, hospice, memory, palliative and private duty care in the
regions we serve. Our collaborative team of more than 600
physicians, nurses, aides, therapists and professional staff and
volunteers serve patients and families in communities throughout
Florida and Alabama. For more information, visit choosecovenant.org
, or visit us on Facebook , Instagram or LinkedIn .
Ready to join our family?
Our teammates enjoy a supportive environment and flexible schedule
with advancement opportunities. Covenant Care's engaging culture is
founded upon mutual respect and trust. A place where employees feel
valued and patients and residents feel the service is
extraordinary. We recognize and celebrate the value of each
teammate's unique contributions and encourage a sense of ownership,
sharing our mission with patients, families and our
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care, treatment and
procedures for clients in the home within the scope of training,
State licensure and agency policy. Performs duties as directed by
Case Manager or Clinical Team Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Registered Nurse or Physician in performing
specialized procedures and duties.
- Provides prescribed nursing care procedures to assigned
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating client care in collaboration with an RN.
- Provides health teaching and assist the clients and families in
learning self-care techniques.
- Communicates and documents findings in a factual, concise and
timely manner per agency policy.
- Documents services, client condition and response to
- Demonstrates safety precautions in compliance with OSHA, CHAP,
and Federal and State standards.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Operates medical equipment correctly for client care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide
appropriate client care.
- Obtains medical orders which are carried out promptly.
- Recognizes and communicates changes and potential client
problems in a timely manner, utilizing the proper chain of
- Uses good hand washing and aseptic techniques.
- Performs client care duties proficiently and safely;
administering medications, performing procedures and treatments per
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span.
- Participates in the PI program by utilizing suggestion boxes,
customer service, and brings matters to attention of management
- Updates management regarding potential problems or concerns.
Also responsible for consulting with clinicians or managers as
- Maintains an understanding of the company's scope of
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences as required.
- Submits clinical documentation in a timely manner according to
- Maintains a professional image.
- Uses appropriate phone etiquette.
- Promotes a customer friendly atmosphere for all visitors and
ensures client confidentiality at all times.
- Participates in call schedule according to needs of the
- Participates in accreditation program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in in-service program.
- Self-Starter - Takes initiative identifies needs of co-workers
and customers and solves problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
- Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or
Graduate of an accredited LPN program required. Minimum one year
nursing experience. One year home care experience preferable
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
Current LPN license in the State of Florida. Current CPR
certification. Current driver's license and valid auto insurance.
Completion of 25 CEU's bi-annually.
Office/Home Environment. May be exposed to biological hazards.
Contact the Human Resources Department at 850.365.9659 for more
information. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: COVENANT HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC., St. Petersburg , Home Health LPN PRN , Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!