Ortho Dental Assistant Float - St. Pete
Company: Coast Dental
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Location: Kileen, TXSchedule: Monday and WednesdayAre you
looking to work for a practice that offers stability and operates
with integrity? Would you like to work for a dentist with an
excellent reputation in the community and among dental peers?Look
no further. Coast Dental & Orthodontics follows COVID-19 CDC
Guidelines and ADA recommendations and makes every effort to create
and maintain an environment that is safe for our team and patients.
We provide PPE that includes high volume evacuation devices for
intraoral use, face shields, N95 masks, along with gowns, hair
bouffant, feet/shoe coverings and gloves. Plus, we allow 15 minutes
after every patient to properly clean and disinfect operatories.Who
is Coast Dental?We are a family established, owned, and operated
DSO (that means dental service organization if you were curious),
so we aren't your typical cookie cutter dental corporation. At
Coast Dental, you are part of a family, the kind you don't want to
rush away from after a long Thanksgiving dinner.We can tell you why
we're great, but our long-standing team members are the real
testament. Why do they stay? Because we invest in them and their
continuing education and personal growth. And, because we like to
have fun while working hard in a respectful environment.A dental
assistant assists the dentist in providing dental treatment, care
and education to patients. Must possess knowledge and skill of
clinical procedures, processes and dental administrative
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and escort patient from reception area and to and from
the treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in
appointment confirmation calls.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and
timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency
medical personnel when necessary.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal
registrations for mounting study casts.
- Assist orthodontist with orthodontic treatment in accordance
with the delegable duties allowable by state.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays,
prepare materials and assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Learn and comply with state and Federal OSHA laws, infection
control, safety standards in the dental office and operatory,
including but not limited to: wearing personal protective (PPE)
barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and eye wear; disinfecting and
sterilizing instruments and treatment areas; and disposing properly
of contaminated or bio-hazardous waste/materials.
- Learn and comply with Coast Dental's administrative
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but
not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical
alerts, and signed Consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each
patient visit according to dentist's instructions and legal
- Effectively provide dental education and information to insure
patient awareness of dental health and continuing treatment.
- Effectively present to patient the dental treatment plan and
proposed plan for continuing treatments in professional and
- Communicate with the patient all treatment to be rendered and
financial obligation prior to starting procedure to avoid patient
conflict. Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial
options to patients in non-clinical terms.
- Ensure treatment rooms are appropriately equipped and stocked
with inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Notify Office Manager of equipment trouble/need for a trouble
ticket or general safety concerns.
- Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
- Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for
- Maintain professional working environment within office
- Attend and participate in morning huddles, chart reviews, and
regular office meetings.
- Adhere to OSHA compliant uniform attire and basic personal
hygiene standards per Company policy.
- Attend continuing education and training seminars as
- Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain
- Follow policies listed in the employee manual to ensure
- Maintain a constant line of communication with the Office
Manager to establish monetary goals and insurance concerns.
- Assist in the office cleaning, trash disposal and trouble
ticket submission to correct any office maintenance
issues.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication
skills. Ability to read, write, speak and understand information.
Ability to effectively present information one-on-one with
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
details written or verbally instructed.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with dental management
software experience. EagleSoft experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced, patient-focused environment.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Previous dental assisting experience required.
- 2 - 5 years dental assisting experience preferred.
- Meet Texas State Board of Dental Examiner's requirements and
obtain Registered Dental Assistant certificate in Texas.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary
resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Meet continuing education requirements and maintain Registered
Dental Assistant certificate in Texas.
- Registered Patient Care Coordinators work in a well-lit, clean
environment. Their work area is usually near the dental chair so
that they can arrange instruments, materials, and medication and
hand them to the dentist when needed.
- Registered Patient Care Coordinators must wear gloves, masks,
eyewear, and protective clothing to protect themselves and their
patients from infectious diseases.
- Registered Patient Care Coordinators also follow safety
procedures to minimize the risks associated with the use of x-ray
machines and other equipment.
Keywords: Coast Dental, St. Petersburg , Ortho Dental Assistant Float - St. Pete, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!