Registered Nurse RN - Bayfront Nursery - Day
Company: Bayfront Health
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Registered Nurse RN - Bayfront Nursery - DayDepartment:
NurseryStatus: Variable Full TimeShift: FirstReqID:
req27455ADDRESS:701 6th Street South,St. Petersburg, Florida,
33701,United StatesBayfront Health St. PetersburgSituated in the
heart of downtown St. Petersburg on Florida's Gulf coast, Bayfront
Health St. Petersburg has served the residents of the region for
more than 100 years and joined the Orlando Health system in 2020.
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary care center
and a Level II Trauma Center, the only trauma center in Pinellas
County. Offering adult and pediatric emergency services, the
hospital is an accredited Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain
Center. The hospital offers many areas of expertise, including
surgery and trauma, neuroscience, cardiology, acute rehabilitation
and obstetrics/NICU care. The hospital also is recognized as a
Level IV Epilepsy Center and a Level III Regional Perinatal
Intensive Care Center, one of only 12 in Florida. The hospital also
is home to the Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Cardiac Cath Lab,
located in the James Heart Center, which offers a full range of
cardiovascular care and an on-site inpatient rehabilitation unit,
as well as the nearby Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Wound Care &
Hyperbaric Center.The Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient
care in a hospital setting.Education/Training
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to January 1, 2020:
Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New Hires and Team Members moved
into this job and/or transferring Depts. must obtain a Bachelor of
Science in Nursing degree (BSN) within 36 months of placement.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando
Health and unit/department.Licensure/Certification
- Maintains current Florida RN license and BLS/Healthcare
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas.
- Other certifications as specific to unit.Experience
- Twelve months hospital RN experience required.
- Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty
experience may be required.
- Able to meet job duties of Clinical Nurse I.
- Must meet unit specific performance competencies.Essential
- Assesses patient's needs and develops/revises an individualized
plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the
patient's progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the
patient's status, and interprets the necessary information needed
to identify each patient's requirements relative to age-specific
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team
members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and
consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards.
This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education,
medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient
care/unit equipment as defined by unit/ department-specific
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance
with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in
accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's
capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient
condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with
all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and
therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery
- Participates in process improvement activities as
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients'
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent
with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal,
state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and
procedures.Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean,
safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings,
and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Collaborates with management team to identify professional
- Serves on hospital, department, and/or nursing committees as
- Performs all other duties as assigned.ABOUT ORLANDO
HEALTHOrlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive
private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in
Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and
procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando
Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central
Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click
here to learn more about Orlando Health.
Keywords: Bayfront Health, St. Petersburg , Registered Nurse RN - Bayfront Nursery - Day, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!