Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager - Bayfront Labor & Delivery - Day
Company: Bayfront Health
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager - Bayfront Labor & Delivery -
DayDepartment: Bayfront Labor and DeliveryStatus: Full TimeShift:
FirstReqID: req27435ADDRESS:701 6th Street South,St. Petersburg,
Florida, 33701,United StatesBayfront Health St. PetersburgSituated
in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg on Florida's Gulf coast,
Bayfront Health St. Petersburg has served the residents of the
region for more than 100 years and joined the Orlando Health system
in 2020. Bayfront Health St. Petersburg is a 480-bed tertiary care
center and a Level II Trauma Center, the only trauma center in
Pinellas County. Offering adult and pediatric emergency services,
the hospital is an accredited Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain
Center. The hospital offers many areas of expertise, including
surgery and trauma, neuroscience, cardiology, acute rehabilitation
and obstetrics/NICU care. The hospital also is recognized as a
Level IV Epilepsy Center and a Level III Regional Perinatal
Intensive Care Center, one of only 12 in Florida. The hospital also
is home to the Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Cardiac Cath Lab,
located in the James Heart Center, which offers a full range of
cardiovascular care and an on-site inpatient rehabilitation unit,
as well as the nearby Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Wound Care &
Hyperbaric Center.Responsible for the day-to-day operations within
the clinical setting to ensure delivery of quality service and
optimal patient flow.Education/TrainingGraduate of an approved
school of nursing with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida
or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- May require one or more of the following certifications based
on the assigned patient population:o Advanced Cardiovascular Life
Support (ACLS)o Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)o Neonatal
Advanced Life Support (NALS)o Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC)
- For Team Members hired into this job prior to October 25,
2020:o Must have National Certification in specialty area within 6
- Effective October 25, 2020: Team Members hired into this job
must have National Certification in specialty area at time of
hire.ExperienceTwo (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in
the acute care setting.Essential Functions
- Manages staffing for assigned and oncoming shifts, based on
patient acuity to insure patient care needs are met and budgetary
boundaries are observed.
- Coordinates patient flow by working directly with the
Administrative Supervisor office, Case Management, Discharge
- Monitors overall status of patients within area of
responsibility and closely monitors status of seriously ill
- Assists with the clinical evaluation of team members, completes
written clinical performance evaluations, and conducts timely team
- Ensures compliance with certifications, licenses, and required
education for team members.
- Assists in the coordination and participates in the delivery of
patient care ensuring compliance with physician orders and
established policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Ensures incident reports are completed appropriately and
follows up with incident reports as needed.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Performs direct patient care activities as required to meet
- Interfaces with patients and families to provide instruction,
promote participation in patient care, and to coordinate nursing
- Plans and evaluates compliance with organizational and
regulatory policies and procedures.
- Ensures evidence-based, quality clinical nursing practice
consistent with nursing research and organizational and national
practice standards are being performed by staff (i.e., Core
Measures and HAC prevention).
- Expresses ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written
communication to team members and groups.
- Participates and/or leads in staff meetings and staff
- Embraces, communicates, and promotes change.
- Utilizes effective fiscal management skills with financial
- Monitors the use/maintenance of equipment to ensure staff have
the needed equipment for patient care and they are able to
appropriately utilize equipment.
- Contributes to the strategic and financial planning of the
- Cultivates exemplary customer service throughout the
unit/department by conducting customer service rounds and
investigating and responding to patient/family and physician
- Maintains a regulatory ready environment of care.
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in
professional and organizational activities as well as unit- and
- Demonstrates professional accountability by maintaining
proficiency in assigned role and involvement in professional
- Identifies issues arising from individual differences and
develops awareness of those issues in nursing staff, medical staff,
and other health care providers.
- Advocates on behalf of the nursing staff to represent the
concerns of patients, families, and staff.
- Holds self and others accountable to Orlando Health's mission,
vision, and values.
- Manages various human resources functions including hiring,
work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent
with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal,
state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and
procedures.Other Related Functions
- Uses working knowledge of risk management concepts.
- Participates in Process Improvement activities as
- Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each
patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to
provide nursing care needed as described in the unit/department's
policies and procedures.ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTHOrlando Health is one
of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare
networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced
medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have
distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two
million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors
annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.
Keywords: Bayfront Health, St. Petersburg , Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager - Bayfront Labor & Delivery - Day, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!