Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Change lives. Starting with yours.
Join our community of care.
Want to bring your passion to work? Want to make a real difference
in patients' lives?
LOOK NO FURTHER.
We're passionate about patients. We're leading the state of Florida
towards better healthcare practices. And we're looking for amazing
Medical Assistants like you.
LOVE YOUR TEAM.
* A culture of collaboration: We work together closely, laugh
together readily, and support each other earnestly.
* A network of support: Our operational and corporate support teams
rally around you; allowing you to focus on what's most important -
BECOME YOUR BEST.
* Direct patient care: A chance to build long term relationships
with your patients in a value based healthcare system.
* Active Leadership: Actively participate in our team approach to
promoting quality patient care, excellent patient experiences, and
creating a great place to work.
* Balance: Monday through Friday schedule; no mandatory nights or
Plus you'll get:
* A red carpet welcome: We offer a robust new teammate orientation
* Competitive benefits package: We offer a competitive salary with
bonuses, paid time off, insurance, certification differentials,
tuition reimbursement, scrubs, and more.
* Administer medications, administer immunizations, EKGs, ear
washes, and other patient services under the direction and
supervision of a physician. Assist in simple office and minor
surgical procedures. Assist with the education of the patient
and/or family as directed by the physician.
* Perform venipucture under the direction of a physician or advance
* Contact patients as needed to give testing results instructions
from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits.
* Answer telephone inquiries and triage calls. Perform various lab
functions as needed.
* Consistently exhibit behavior that exemplifies our core
REQUIREMENTS / PREFERENCES
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
* Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for
the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross).
* Completion of one of the following:
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a
valid MA school, or
* Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or
* Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
* 2 or more years of relevant back office, clinical experience
required for those without an accredited Medical Assistant diploma
or RMA or CMA designation.
* CMA or RMA will be considered in lieu of experience.
Ready to begin your life's best work?
Apply today at www.jobsatoptumcare.com. We're proudly part of
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest
minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in
order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working
on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that
matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company
and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated
medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical
practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, St. Petersburg , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!