Company: All Florida Orthopaedic Associates
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Employer InformationAll Florida Orthopaedics is St. Petersburg is
most advanced practice specializing in the treatment of muscle and
bone pain and injuries. Our physicians make a special effort to
explain as much as possible regarding your condition, medications
and treatment options. Conservative treatment approaches are always
considered as the primary option. Certified, comprehensive physical
and occupational therapy are available on-site. Many outpatient
surgical procedures are routinely performed on-site in full-scale
operating rooms with state-of-the-art equipment and complete
Purpose:Assess, plan, organize, and participate in rehabilitative
programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength and
function and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from
disease or injury.
- Plan, prepare, or carry out individually designed programs of
physical treatment to maintain, improve, or restore physical
functioning, alleviate pain, or prevent physical dysfunction in
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to
identify problems and determine a plan of care for a diagnosis
prior to intervention.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust
treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Administer manual therapy, exercises, massage, or traction to
help relieve pain, increase patient strength, or improve function
- Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be
continued at home.
- Confer with the patient, medical practitioners, or appropriate
others to plan, implement, or assess the intervention program.
- Review physician's referral and patient's medical records to
help determine diagnosis and physical therapy treatment
- Record prognosis, treatment, response, and progress in
patient's chart or enter information into computer.
- Verbiage and charges for said treatment must correlate
- Obtain patients' informed consent to proposed
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected
outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up
care or referrals.
- Test and measure patient's strength, motor development and
function, sensory perception, functional capacity, or respiratory
or circulatory efficiency and record data.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans
- Provide information to the patient about the proposed
intervention, its material risks and expected benefits, and any
- Direct, supervise, assess, and communicate with supportive
- Administer treatment involving application of physical agents,
using equipment, moist packs, laser, electrical modalities or
- Provide educational information about physical therapy or
physical therapists, injury prevention, ergonomics, or ways to
- Refer patients to community resources or services.
- Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when
diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3 years of Patient Orthopaedic experience Skills:Basic Skills
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
Complex Problem-Solving Skills
- Identifying problems, reviewing information to develop and
evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Spend Time Standing
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to facilitate treatment of
- Deal With Unpleasant or Angry People
- Responsible for Patient's Outcomes, Results ,Health and
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
- Physical Proximity
Keywords: All Florida Orthopaedic Associates, St. Petersburg , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!