IT Project Manager
Company: Ascent Services Group
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Job Req #: 19-11958Job Description: Technology Project Manager with
InfoSec knowledgeLocation: St Petersburg, FLJob Type: Contract Our
client is an American multinational independent investment back and
financial services company providing financial services to
individuals, corporations, and municipalities. All of their
enterprise and customer facing applications are developed and
supported in house by an incredibly smart group of hardworking and
down to earth employees.NOTES from the hiring manager:
- This is a Sr. level Technical PM that needs strong domain
knowledge within InfoSec. This is NOT an SDLC PM.
- Needs strong experience within Resource planning and
- Evaluation of new products (Cloud), replacing servers,
firewalls, vulnerability managment, strong Infrastructure
- Looking for a Technical PM that has worked within highly
regulated enterprise environments
- Prefer a PM who came up through the technical ranks (Systems
Admin, Network Eng, Network Security eng, etc.) Key
- Conducts preliminary investigations for all project requests.
Reviews requirements, specifications and testing.
- Provides a proactive interface for project stakeholders and
senior management teams to ensure business requirements are
completely and accurately defined.
- Refines and implements project management methodologies, tools
and practices to provide continuous process improvement.
- Manages such teams throughout the project lifecycle including
planning, assigning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing project
activities, as well as evaluating individual performance upon
- Conducts interviews, compiles and analyzes responses, and
creates business cases for projects.
- Identifies, defines and documents complex business and
technical requirements, processes and deliverables.
- Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans
including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets
and work breakdown structures and schedules.
- Performs project risk assessments by identifying key risk
factors, providing effective mitigation strategies, and assigning
contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets.
- Applies established project methodologies to manage projects:
uses change control templates and processes, manages time and
recording activities using defined scheduling tools, monitors
budgets, and coordinates resource acquisition and utilization.
- Serves as the liaison between internal customers and external
suppliers. Communicates regularly with project stakeholders.
- Monitors testing and executes quality assurance checks to
ensure the system meets information technology acceptance criteria
prior to implementation.
- Performs project evaluations and participates in post-project
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as
- Prior experience delivering complex IT infrastructure projects
- Strong understanding of a wide array of infrastructure
technologies is required.
- Ability to manage relationships with vendors and make data
- Excellent organization and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively
communicate with technical, non-technical, and executive
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
(financial/healthcare) is strongly preferred. Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or
related degree and six years of related experience including
project management experience or a combination of training,
education and experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) highly
preferred. Diane DouglasRecruiting Manager/Senior Technical
Recruiter303-694-5493 About Ascent:The Ascent Services Group (ASG)
is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm
whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small,
Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals:
Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As
consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top
clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver
innovative talent through proven best practices and effective
resource optimization. Become one of ASG's candidates and
experience the difference!IND05 - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ascent Services Group, St. Petersburg , IT Project Manager, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!