Regional Political Director
Company: Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Democratic Legislative Campaign CommitteeThe Democratic Legislative
Campaign Committee's mission is to win Democratic majorities and
build Democratic power in state legislatures.In the 2018 cycle,
Democrats flipped over 400 state legislative seats and gained eight
new Democratic majorities. This is the most chambers flipped since
the 2006 cycle, and the most seats flipped by Democrats in a
generation. Nearly 1,250 of the Democrats elected to their state
legislatures in 2018 were women, and more than 900 were candidates
of color.As the only organization exclusively committed to electing
Democrats to state legislatures all over the country, the DLCC has
been working with state legislative leaders for over two decades to
invest strategically in state programs and build the Democratic
Party from the ground up.Regional Political DirectorThe Regional
Political Director is a member of the DLCC's Political Department
and leads DLCC engagement in assigned states to capture or maintain
legislative majorities and to build Democratic power in states.A
successful Regional Political Director builds and maintains caucus
and ally relationships; collects and analyzes political information
and intelligence to enable effective DLCC support; and executes
DLCC's programs, interests and needs with in-state actors. DLCC
Regional Political Directors collaborate with one another to
identify and instill best practices and work across departments to
ensure that DLCC is achieving its objectives and vision.This
position reports to the Deputy National Political Director.
Significant travel is required.The Regional Political Director is
expected to model the values of DLCC:
- Results Driven
- InclusiveResponsibilities include: Deliver campaign tools and
services that enable caucuses to adopt best campaign practices:
- Use available data and political intelligence to advise state
legislative leaders and caucus staff on the path to retain or
obtain Democratic majorities.
- Regularly assess caucus performance against best practices and
standards considering the state specific context.
- Provide coaching, training, and feedback to caucuses to
implement campaign best practices and address needed changes to
caucus campaign programs and to help caucus programs meet DLCC
- Analyze resource allocation requests and ensure alignment with
the scale of opportunity and departmental priorities.
- Report state-by-state political lay of the land to Deputy
National Political Director, including contributions and engagement
recommendations within a defined set states.
- Continue professional development to remain up to date on the
latest campaign tools and techniques.Ensure DLCC remains the
authority on state legislative campaigns:
- Be the DLCC authority on assigned states.
- Pursue tactics that provide timely, accurate availability of
data for DLCC and state caucus use.
- Be accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of political
- Consistently use DLCC reporting systems and respond to requests
for information from other departments in a timely fashion.Manage
DLCC Relationships in States:
- Maintain accurate and up to date profiles/analyses of
organizations and individuals that are integral to achieving
Democratic state legislative majorities in assigned states.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with caucus leaders
and Democratic Legislative leaders.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with caucus staff.
- Identify like-minded organizations and individuals that are key
to building Democratic state legislative majorities and build
- Serve as a connector between DLCC departments and state-based
individuals and organizations to achieve organizational
- Track organizational asks for legislators, including but not
limited to DLCC event attendance, fundraising asks and brand
- Model internal department processes and procedures.
- Identify fundraising opportunities in states, both for the
legislative caucus program and for DLCC.
- Other duties as assigned.Expected Outcomes:
- DLCC has impactful and influential relationships in assigned
- DLCC has actionable political information and intelligence in
- Legislative campaigns are modeling best practices.Salary for
the Regional Political Director position is $85,000-110,000,
commensurate with experience. In addition, the DLCC offers a
generous benefits package, including fully paid
health/vision/dental insurance, an up to 6% retirement
contribution, transit and FSA subsidies, and more.Please submit a
cover letter, resume, and three professional references to via
email by October 21, 2019. The DLCC may review applications after
this deadline in limited circumstances, however this is not a
guarantee that your application will be considered it if not
submitted by October 21, 2019. Reference "Regional Political
Director" and your name in the subject line. No calls, please.The
DLCC is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that
its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining
and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality
services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal
opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train,
promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard
to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental
disability, personal appearance, marital status, family
responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally
protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful
discrimination and any such conduct is strictly
- At least three cycles of campaign experience.
- At least two cycles managing staff.
- Experience working with state legislative campaign staff is
- Experience working directly with candidates.
- Experience fundraising and managing a budget is preferred.
- Outstanding relationship building and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and
prioritize tasks appropriately.Requirements:The requirements,
including but not limited to physical demands, described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. All DLCC employees
must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. Many roles
at the DLCC include business travel expectations, and most roles
also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the
organization in person, via the telephone, or via email.Essential
Functions of the role of Regional Political Director include:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to communicate using the telephone, email, and
in-person with stakeholders.
- This position requires the employee to travel to targeted
states more than 50% of the time, to attend events, meetings, and
conferences offsite, hosted by key collaborators in a variety of
Keywords: Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee, St. Petersburg , Regional Political Director, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!