Community Manager, PRX Podcast Garage
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: July 14, 2019
PRX is looking for someone passionate about audio storytelling and
community engagement to run the PRX Podcast Garage 's newest
location in Washington, D.C. The PRX Podcast Garage is a community
recording studio, classroom, and event space that supports new
voices in podcasting and public media. In 2016, PRX opened the
first PRX Podcast Garage in Boston, Massachusetts to support the
work of local audio producers and storytellers. The facility now
runs more than 100 events and workshops a year - serving over 2,500
participants - as well as a professional recording studio. Most
importantly, the Podcast Garage is a welcoming community for new
audio makers to get inspired, collaborate, and create. Now, PRX is
opening a second Podcast Garage in D.C. and we're looking for the
right person to bring it to life. We are a unique space in the
audio world and this position is too. While you'll work closely
with the Podcast Garage team, there is also a lot of autonomy to
imagine and implement ideas. The job is customer-focused - people
come and go throughout the day, so you must be able to provide
excellent hospitality. We are also an experimental organization
where new ideas come up and change happens quickly, so you must be
flexible and excited to contribute to that change. Finally, we are
looking for someone who has a demonstrated commitment to equity and
inclusivity with a passion for supporting new voices in media. This
role is a full-time position, Wednesday through Sunday, based in
the heart of D.C.'s creative community. The Community Manager will
report to the Senior Manager of the Podcast Garage and work with
remote PRX staff in Boston, Minneapolis, and New York City. This
application closes on Sunday, July 14 at 11:59 p.m. ET. What you'll
do in this position:
- Schedule programs that build community, nurture new and
underrepresented voices, and raise overall brand awareness of
- Manage logistics, including setup and cleanup, for events,
workshops, and other activities in the space.
- Develop collaborations and cross-programming with like-minded
organizations in the DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virginia).
- Manage social media, website, and newsletter for Podcast
- Track attendance and document programming with audio, photo, or
video, as needed.
- Coordinate promotion with the PRX marketing team.
- Provide operational support for producers who rent the studios
- Open and close the building every day.
- Maintain an organized, clean, and welcoming space.
- Greet guests and give tours of the space.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries promptly.
- All other duties as assigned. We're looking for candidates with
at least 3 years of experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience working in the arts and cultural sector in the DMV
(D.C., Maryland, Virginia)
- Experience with program and/or events management.
- Experience with audio production and/or working in a
professional recording studio.
- Experience working with creative people or on creative
- Willingness to learn new A/V systems, equipment, and editing
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusivity.
- Experience in customer service/retail or providing excellent
- Knowledge of podcasts and podcasting, particularly the needs of
- Experience in media education is a plus. Work schedule:
- Wednesday - Friday: noon - 8 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: 10 AM - 6 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesdays off
Keywords: PRX, St. Petersburg , Community Manager, PRX Podcast Garage, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!