Company: The Batten Group - Executive Search
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: September 18, 2023
About Voices of Hope for Aphasia (VOHA)Voices of Hope for Aphasia
is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides innovative
programs for people with aphasia. We help people living with
aphasia in the Greater Tampa Bay area (and across the country
on-line) re-connect with their lives through supported activities
and education programs. To learn more about the organization,
please visit www.vohaphasia.org
Position SummaryThe Executive Director (ED) is the key management
leader of VOHA. The EDs primary responsibilities include board
governance, fulfilling the organizations mission, financial
oversight and viability, program advancement and quality, industry
outreach, and operations. This position reports directly to the
Chairman of the Board and the Board of Directors (BOD).
In this role, the ED will provide innovative and visionary
leadership to VOHA. Working closely with the BOD, the ED will lead
and motivate staff to provide the highest quality of programs and
services for its members. The ED will carry out VOHAs program of
activities and the management of staff and resources by skillfully
representing the long-term vision and strategic direction of the
Position Duties and ResponsibilitiesBoard Governance
- Works with the BOD in order to fulfill VOHAs mission.
- Responsible for leading VOHA in a manner that supports and
guides the organizations mission as defined by the BOD.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the BOD and
providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information
necessary for the BOD to function properly and to make informed
Financial Performance and Viability
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of VOHA, to include
submission to the BOD of a proposed annual budget and monthly
financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial
condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates
operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource
utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive
- Responsible for fundraising efforts to ensure adherence to
VOHAs mission and financial needs.
- Develop content and recruit contributors to biennial
Organization Mission and Strategy
- Works with the BOD and staff to ensure that the VOHA mission is
fulfilled through programs, operational planning, and community
- Responsible for marketing strategies to ensure adherence to
- Responsible for the enhancement of VOHAs image within the
healthcare and aphasia community by being active and visible and by
working closely with other professional organizations.
- Represent VOHA in the local community working with staff and
volunteers to identify opportunities.
- Working closely with the Program Director, coordinate across
sites and staff, program outcomes, member evaluations, member
communications, ongoing review of policies/procedures and ensuring
- Maintain relationships with university partners including
externship site requirements, IRBs for study participation,
- Responsible for the administration of VOHA operations.
- Hire and retain competent, qualified staff; post job/volunteer
opportunities, respond to inquiries, collect, and review
- Together with the Program Director, oversee program staff and
volunteers; supervise, provide mentoring, and conduct observations
and performance reviews.
- Market and grow VOHAs programs.
- Maintain and update membership and affiliations such as
GuideStar, Chamber of Commerce, Tampa Bay Cares, Agency on Aging,
Better Living for Seniors, and professional affiliations (MESPA,
AphasiaAccess, National Aphasia Association).
- Bachelors degree
- Five or more years of nonprofit management experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Passion about VOHAs mission and work
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget
preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning,
delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey the vision of VOHAs strategic future to
staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other
- Strong written, oral, and public communication skills with
demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Proficiency in the tools required to complete the
responsibilities of the position, including but not limited to,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media outlets, email
distribution services such as Constant Contact or MailChimp,
QuickBooks, and others
- Proficiency in basic website maintenance on WordPress or
POLICY ON PLACEMENT AND RECRUITINGThe Batten Group and Voices of
Hope for Aphasia are equal opportunity employers committed to the
principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will
not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: The Batten Group - Executive Search, St. Petersburg , Executive Director, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!