HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater
Company: CAN Community Health
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 19, 2023
CAN Community Health one of the nation's largest providers of HIV
Services has an exciting opportunity for a HIV Prevention &
Education Manager in St Petersburg/Tampa/Clearwater , FL geographic
area. We are looking for someone who is passionate about serving
the needs of individuals impacted by HIV and other infectious
diseases. You will become part of our professional team that drives
home our Company's Mission and Values. We offer good quality of
life with an excellent schedule, competitive pay with a bonus plan,
premiere benefits package with a retirement plan with a generous
company matching contribution. We have received recognition in
2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT's Best Non-Profit to Work for Award.
All new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All potential hires will be required
to take and clear a pre-employment drug screen upon job offer. You
can find out more about us by visiting our website at
www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply Today!
Statement of Purpose: The position is responsible for community
development and planning, grant writing involvement, prevention
program development, program implementation, managing HIV
prevention programs and supervision of staff.
Primary Tasks: HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St
- Implementation of HIV prevention programs.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in
accordance with professional standards.
- Instructs clinic team members to coordinate patient
- Insures confidential and anonymous testing to the
- Processes documentation required by state and local funding
sources as required.
- Works as liaison between agency and organizations involved in
community planning and development forums.
- Monitors the recruitment, training and coordination of
volunteers to assist with anonymous testing and HIV education.
- Presents HIV education to staff and volunteers as part of the
orientation process as needed.
- Develops goals and objectives relative to prevention and
- Develops and fosters networking relationships with community
and support resources.
- Hires and supervises employees, assigns and schedules work,
monitors work performance, handles personnel operations including:
performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, dismissals, time off
and preparing time sheets.
- Resolves problems and ensures compliance with regulations and
- Retains supply of contraceptives, brochures and other materials
necessary for prevention department activities.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.'s values and
mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Willingness to work on nights and weekends as needed. Secondary
Tasks: HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control
- Continues professional training and education to advance
knowledge and skills of HIV/AIDS.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement of services
rendered to CAN clients.
- Utilizes resources and supplies in a cost-effective
- Demonstrates courtesy respect in all interpersonal
relationships with CAN clients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job
tasks.Responsible To: Vice President of Education & Program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: HIV Prevention Manager-
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with patients,
visitors and staff members.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques, a self-starter,
work effectively, organized and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety
- Valid driver's license, ability to operate a motor
vehicle.Physical Requirements: HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St
- Neat, professional appearance.
- LIGHT- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to
10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time, but
may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken
word, visual and auditory acuity.Education/Professional Experience:
HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater
- Bachelor's degree of an accredited school or equivalent
experience in social services.
- HIV prevention/intervention experience.
- Social Networking Strategies trained and qualified.CAN Required
Training: HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater
General Orientation HIV/AIDS Violence in the Workplace Sexual
Harassment HIPAA Health Stream Courses (as assigned)
Other Duties: HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St
Petersburg/ClearwaterPlease note this job description is not
designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of and
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change with or without notice.CAN is an equal opportunity employer
that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are
different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CAN Community Health, St. Petersburg , HIV Prevention Manager- Tampa/St Petersburg/Clearwater, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!