Child Welfare Case Manager - SIGN ON BONUS!
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant .
LSF is looking for talented Child Welfare Case Managers who wants
to make an impact in the lives of others.
This is a FT, non-exempt position with the Pinellas Case Management
Organization (CMO) program located in Largo, Florida.
We're offering SIGN-ON BONUSES!
* New Case Managers - general sign-on bonus of $1,500
* Provisionally Certified Case Managers (no need for pre-service
training - able to take cases immediately and work toward full
certification) - $2,000.00
* Fully Certified Case Managers (can assume full caseload - no need
for training) - $3,000.00
Paid in 2 increments at 3 months and 6 months of employment.
Purpose & Impact
The purpose of the Child Welfare Case Manager is to provide full
wrap around case management services to LSF clients and families
while establishing a relationship with them and living the agency's
A Day in the Life of a Child Welfare Case Manager
* Accept all cases assigned by unit supervisor and meet with
children in their primary residence within 2 working days of ITR
staffing and with identified parents in sufficient time to complete
a Family Assessment within 15 working days of ITR staffing.
* Negotiate and develop a case plan based on identified strengths
and needs of the family, the circumstances bringing the family into
care, recommendations provided by the Comprehensive Behavioral
Health Assessment and other relevant data. This plan is to be
created in collaboration with the parents, Guardian Ad Litem,
foster parents and other pertinent parties with the goal of
reunification or other permanency for the child.
* Visits the child in their primary residence according to required
frequency, but no less than once every 25 days. At least one visit
each quarter is to be unannounced.
* Accurately document all case activities in the Florida Safe
Families Network database within 48 hours. Maintain the physical
case file in chronological order, by subject, in accordance with
the standardized case file format.
* Submit service requests to the lead agency Utilization Management
Department and provide clients with timely referrals to services.
Develop and maintain knowledge of community resources, program
eligibility requirements, key contact persons, emergency
procedures, and waiting lists of available resources. Maintain
regular contact with service providers and document service
progress in FSFN.
* Complete and submit court documentation within in required time
frames. Prepare for, attend, and participate in all court
activities as necessary.
* Arrange for, attend, and participate in individual case staffing
as necessary. Complete all required staffing and application
* Conduct initial and/or ongoing child safety assessments as
required. Prepare initial and on-going safety plans as
Arrange for emergency placement, emergency medical treatment, and
emergency services for children at risk.
* Conduct diligent searches for parents and family members when
deemed necessary and thoroughly document that the effort has been
made to find the parents and family members.
* Conduct home studies as required for prospective placements.
Provide relevant medical, psychological, behavioral and educational
background information about the child or children to prospective
caregivers as needed. Plan and facilitate parental and sibling
visits as needed and appropriate.
* Transport children as needed.
* Ensure that all Independent Living functions are completed as
* Attend all appointments, staff meetings, trainings, seminars,
workshops, etc., as necessary and as required by the
* Function as agency on-call Case Manager as scheduled.
* Works cooperatively with Program Directors, with other Case
Managers, with placement staff, with Protective Investigators, with
Child Welfare Legal staff and with agency support staff.
* Effectively manages time to ensure that all home visits are
completed as required, all documentation is entered into FSFN
within 48 hours, court documentation is prepared according to
specified time frames and court appearances are attended as
* Follows Florida Statutes, Administrative Code, written policies
and orders of the Dependency Court in managing cases toward goals
recorded in case plans.
* Organize, prioritize and complete all work assignments by the
All duties are performed in accordance with the following
Courtesy: Treat clients, the public and staff with courtesy,
respect and dignity and presents a positive public image.
* Communication Skills: Keep supervisor fully informed of
activities, pertinent issues, upcoming events and potential
problems. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication
skills in daily work.
* Team Work: Support the unit, department and/or organization and
work with others in an effort to accomplish the goals of the unit,
department and/or organization.
* Safety: Employee makes a reasonable effort to adhere to
established safety procedures and practices in the work area.
* Training: Attend and successfully complete all mandated training
courses such as the PDC Assessment and successfully passes the PDC
examination, Pre-service Training. MAPP Training, In-service, etc.,
within the probationary period and as scheduled thereafter. The
successful completion of the Field-Based Performance Assessment is
an essential performance standard required for continued employment
in the class of Case Manager.
* Confidentiality: Adhere to all confidentiality rules.
* Valid Florida Driver's License and Insurance
* Ability to travel locally, and out of the area, in the execution
of professional duties, trainings and/or conferences.
* Ability to operate a computer, sit for long periods of time, and
develop coherent written correspondence and progress notes.
* Ability to adapt to irregular hours, perform some light lifting,
and be flexible to rotate on call, as needed.
* Certified First Aid/CPR, and crisis intervention.
* Must have a minimum of one year of relevant experience and
certified or become certified within one year.
* Must possess a Bachelor's degree in a Human Services field .
Degree in Social Work preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Familiarity with and ability to use Microsoft Office programs Word
Ability to type 45 words per minute.
* Ability to drive both locally and throughout the state in
connection with the duties of this position.
* To fully understand case ownership responsibility as the
integrator of all services and supports identified for each child,
including therapy, other mental health services, health and
dentistry, developmental services, educational support, permanency
and safety; as well as their responsibility to make trauma
sensitive transitions when it is determined that a caretaker lacks
the needed level of responsibility to care for their children.
* Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural
and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide
range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become
part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in
need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they
explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including :
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
* 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
* Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
* 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3%
student loan repayment reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, St. Petersburg , Child Welfare Case Manager - SIGN ON BONUS!, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!