Vice President, Head of Auto Claims
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Purpose of JobUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate
the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and
their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to
innovative thinking at every level.
The Head of Auto Claims at USAA is responsible for the auto claims
operation to deliver business results at scale. Accountable for the
operational execution of the member experience in claims. This
leader will create and delivers a strategic focus on world class
member experience and operational results. Collaborates across
Operations and other business lines to ensure delivery of the USAA
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. -
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities. -
- Accountable for developing Claims operations strategy, plan,
goals and objectives in support of USAA Strategy.
- Accountable for delivering on plan objectives across employee,
member, financial and quality goals.
- Drives industry best practices and adoption within claims
process creating continuity across the P&C Company. -
- Leads Claims Experience owners, operational executives and/or
claims functional groups to achieve business outcomes.
- Collaborates effectively with product line leaders and other
senior executives to support Enterprise initiatives. -
- Drives overall risk management and regulatory compliance
through consistent frameworks and business routines. -
- Sponsors and shapes large transformational efforts across
multiple Operational areas, Lines of Business or Enterprise.
- Builds and leads a team of claims executive leaders for results
delivery through recruiting, development, retention, coaching and
- Designs and champions claims servicing solutions across
process, technology, workforce, third party, analytics in support
of P&C product competitiveness.
- Collaborates with internal partners to build supporting
capabilities and deliver on shared accountabilities.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 10 years of progressive experience to include P&C industry
experience in Claims developing strategies, managing major P&C
initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix
- 8 years of senior leadership experience in building, managing
and developing high-performing teams and delivering results at
- Extensive experience building strategic solutions and
demonstrated ability to deliver transformation at scale. -
- Executive-level business acumen in P&C, insurance risk,
compliance, integrated change management and front-line
communications leading to operational excellence.
- Proven ability to influence and develop positive working
relationships with leaders across multiple disciplines and
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop and convert strategic
vision into a plan and execute on that plan.
- Understanding of government regulations and legal requirements
involving P&C business.
- Executive-level risk assessment skills, including risk
identification and measurement, mitigation strategy development,
regulatory management, policy and procedure development.Preferred
- Experience leading large-scale personal lines auto claims
- Process re-engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience -identifying and leveraging advanced
analytics to automate and create straight through processes where
- Proven experience leveraging digital applications to enhance
the claims service experience while -increasing the -accuracy of a
-claim report.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $205,500.00-274,100.00-370,100.00.Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive
level roles only, representing a cash payment which is both time
and performance based.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.
Keywords: USAA, St. Petersburg , Vice President, Head of Auto Claims, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!