Food and Beverage Manager
Company: Esperanto Developments
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition: Food and Beverage ManagerMission
StatementEsperanto Developments is a dynamic hospitality management
company which brings success to all its stakeholders.We achieve
this with a diverse and talented team by exceeding expectations of
guests, associates and owners.We bridge the gap between risk and
reward providing tools and confidence to take on bigger and bolder
opportunities.We pride ourselves on building strong partnerships
never losing sight that profitability begins with people and
relationships.Vision Statement Esperanto Developments Vision is to
be recognized as an innovative market leader changing the
hospitality industry. We lead on a path to meaningful growth and
make positive impact in the lives of all. Esperanto Development
LLC. Is a leading hotel management company with a premier track
record of maximizing profitability and improving asset values for
hotel owners. From hotel operations and property management to
electronic distribution and interactive marketing, Esperanto
Development achieves superior operating results through its strong
commitment to guests, associates and owners.Job Description: Lead
effective and efficient food and beverage operations at the hotel.
Responsible for achieving departmental revenue and profitability
goals, managing budgets and forecasts. Ensure implementation of
service strategies and initiatives per Company and Brand standards.
Recruit, train, and develop departmental personnel. Provide
exemplary performance for staff to follow. Align with the General
Manager and maintain professionalism at all times. Deliver products
and services that meet or exceed the needs and expectations of
customers. Develop business relationships and provide exceptional
customer service. Build strong rapport with key stakeholders/
property owners through proactive and ongoing communication.
Provide in depth analysis of property performance, guest, financial
and personnel data. Maintain professionalism in a fast paced
environment at all times. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude.
This position will have access to confidential personnel records,
Company data and systems and as such will be required to maintain
confidentiality and ensure such sensitive data is secured at all
timesRequired Skills and Requisites:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Ability to attend and complete company and Brand training.
- Attend classes and complete certifications.
- Self-starter with effective leadership skills.
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of
- Work a flexible schedule.
- Be organized and work well in a fast paced team
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Move, lift push, pull and place object weighing less than or
equal to 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Previous food and beverage management experience required,
Marriott, Hilton, IHG or other
- High School Diploma required; College Degree is
preferred.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Adhere to statutory requirements applicable to food and drink
service (i.e. ServSafe Food Handler Permit, Server Permit)
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and
ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and departmental
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures (I.e. evacuation,
first-aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards.
- Maintains current knowledge of local area, attractions and
- Prepare work schedules to efficiently handle business
- Perform routine inspections of food & beverage department,
equipment and operations to maintain quality food, beverage and
kitchen/restaurant standards in accordance with Company and Brand
- Handle departmental purchasing using Company purchase order
policies and procedures.
- Validate receipt and store purchased items appropriately.
- Monitor departmental personnel hours worked to prevent
overtime. Cover shifts for call offs or vacancies if needed. Review
and edit (if applicable) personnel time records daily. Finalize and
approve period-ending records timely. Processing of tips or
gratuities for submission for payroll.
- Be proficient in all front-desk, night audit and guest service
operations in addition to all Food & Beverage operations; which
include events, in both front and back of operation.
- Verify monies taken in against PMS reports, record appropriate
transactions and prepare and make bank deposits when GM is not on
- Create requisitions; purchase orders and invoices in accordance
with Company policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison between the food and beverage department and
all other departments.
- Recruit, train and provide career development for food &
beverage personnel and guest services personnel.
- Ensure all personnel required certifications, permits and
training documentation are completed and current.
- Verify and ensure personnel documentation is, and remains in
compliance with Federal and State regulations, and Company
- Work with management in maximizing revenues, controlling
payroll and department expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Implement and monitor inventory and cost controls.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty responsibilities. At Esperanto
Developments, we are dedicated to creating and sustaining
meaningful hospitality careers for our associates. We support our
associates with highly competitive salaries, outstanding health,
benefits, extensive training and development programs, promotion
within the organization, and a positive team-based culture where
people make the difference. Esperanto Developments, is an equal
opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful
discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under
applicable local, state and/or federal laws, which can include
race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or
physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements.
Esperanto Development policies also provide for a drug-free
workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs
or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An
employee's use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also
implicate company policy, where it impairs judgment or work
performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.
Keywords: Esperanto Developments, St. Petersburg , Food and Beverage Manager, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!