Central Florida Construction Manager
Company: Altman Development Company
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of current issues with project(s) and understand
his/her position on those matters.
- Be prepared to fill the gap when unforeseeable events require
action not previously planned or envisioned
- Assure all material and installed items are on site in
accordance with the project schedule and sequence of work.
- Take steps to have all submittals completed in a timely
- Monitor RFI's and coordinate appropriate Consultants for review
and response. Provide owner review and response as needed.
- Monitor delivery schedules, and act when it is apparent an
item(s) may be out of sequence.
- Review and assess General Contractor claims and manage
- Review and negotiate change-orders with the General Contractor
- Monitor change-orders effects on the bottom line of the project
cost and time.
- Provide general administrative and technical leadership for the
project. Maintain all project records including but, not limited
to: discretionary and non-discretionary approvals, agency releases/
declarations/ determinations, recordation such as easements,
covenants, tract maps, construction documents, A/E design and
engineering plans and specifications, contract/ change orders, and
- Assure all reports are submitted in timely fashion and are
accurate as to detail.
- Cause the schedule to be updated if required. Oversee security
of all required permits, verify insurance coverage for General
Contractor, sub-contractors and suppliers assure compliance with
all local codes and regulations.
- Serve as communications/information center for the
- Make sure every party who needs to know is informed on matters
that affect their work.
- Schedule and/or facilitate the various project meetings
required to successfully coordinate work actively.
- Keep Development Officer informed concerning the progress of
the project and any issues that might affect the schedule, budget
or status of the project.
- Monitor building(s) construction quality and conformance with
- Conduct walk-through inspections, monitor, and coordinate
completion of punch list.
- Close out the project. Finalize outstanding issues (change
orders, claims, etc.) with General Contractor,
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and
education. The candidate must possess strong analytical and
critical thinking abilities, on which advanced skills could be
developed with time and experience.Skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and analytical.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of
- The ability to consistently produce accurate and timely
- The flexibility to meet required deadlines with short
Travel to conduct on-site work will be required. A valid driver's
license and current automobile insurance.PI181916764
Keywords: Altman Development Company, St. Petersburg , Central Florida Construction Manager, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!