Safety, Security & Transportation Manager
Company: Eckerd Connects
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionReports to the Center Director and is a salaried,
exempt position. Supervises the day-to-day operations of the
Safety, Security and Transportation Department to provide maximum
safety and security for students, staff, center property and the
surrounding community. Demonstrates on-going commitment to
preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring,
and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of:
workplace relations and ethics; information management;
communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and
development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and
independent living. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the staff performance and provide staff training and
implement departmental personnel changes as approved by the Center
- Develop and monitor staff schedules for 24-hour, 7 day a week
- Develop and maintain Center Safety Plan, and Emergency and
Disaster Plan (and weather-related Evacuation Plan) and conduct the
yearly risk assessment survey.
- Establishes and communicates safety, security, and fire
prevention policies with pertinent center and DOL regulations to
students and staff.
- Provide records and reports of department activities upon
request by management, insurance underwriters, DOL, and corporate
- Formulates and directs the maintenance of departmental
- Contacts students who have been arrested and has necessary
forms signed. Makes arrangements for fine and/or bail payment.
Reports student incidents to the Center Director.
- Serves as the center's representative and maintains effective
liaison with law enforcement agencies in the community.
- Responsible for insuring that departmental equal employment and
affirmative action goals and objectives are met.
- Responsible for monitoring all center facilities to ensure
compliance with OSHA Standards.
- Interviews and hires new staff.
- Maintains inventory of all keys assigned to center offices,
- Participates in the disciplinary process as established on
center, including zero tolerance for violence and drugs.
- Attends in-service training sessions.
- Conducts PRH required training with center staff.
- Adheres to all aspects of Quality Assurance Plan.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center that is free of
harassment, intimidation, and disrespect in order to provide a safe
place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Clearly communicate and consistently model appropriate CSS and
employability skills including personal responsibility and computer
- Maintain accountability of staff, students, and property;
adhere to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a
position.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, police science or
- Master's degree preferred.
- Three to five years work-related experience in a supervisory
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment with an
acceptable driving record.Additional Requirements: Knowledge of
standard security, fire prevention and safety procedures and OSHA
requirements. Must obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
Ability to effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent
communication skills, both oral and written. Position requires an
ability to operate office equipment. In addition, individual must
be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective
working relationship with all facility staff and
departments.Working Conditions: This position involves frequent
sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, running, and
driving.There is also occasional need for flexibility for climbing,
carrying, squatting, kneeling, pushing, or pulling and lifting up
to 50 pounds. Applicant must be able to see, hear and
speak.Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 85%
of work time outside and 15% of work time indoors; ability to
withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work
time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the
summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in
winter months. EXCEED, LLC considers all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. EXCEED LLC is a drug-free workplace
and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Keywords: Eckerd Connects, St. Petersburg , Safety, Security & Transportation Manager, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!