Quality and Continuous Improvement Director
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description: Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company
aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing
challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world
safer, healthier and more efficient. Driven by our talented
workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation (SD&A)
is the cornerstone of Leidos' comprehensive suite of
fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for
aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers
around the world , with more than 24,000 products deployed across
120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and
evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions
for our global customers. The Quality Director is responsible for
Quality, Continuous Improvement (CI), and Environmental Health &
Safety (EH&S) activities across SD&A sites. The position
requires the ability to think innovatively, challenge traditional
ways where appropriate, and to both influence and demonstrate
accountability for business outcomes in a fast paced environment.
- Establish and maintain a quality culture committed to
excellence and Leidos values.
- Manage and develop the quality team, foster an inclusive work
environment, and encourage the highest standards of ethics.
- Ensures timely support and flow down of Leidos Mission
Assurance goals and objectives.
- Support development, deployment, and maintenance of effective
quality and EH&S management systems.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements,
contractual requirements, corporate policies, and procedures,
program plans, specifications, and processes.
- Establish a formal continuous improvement program; supported by
leadership at all levels.
- Define and monitor performance against quality objectives and
metrics with emphasis on improving product/process
- Engage in all aspects of design, development, production
(internal & contract manufacturer), and field deployment to provide
high quality products that meet customer needs.
- Conduct trend analysis at the organization and product/program
levels to identify areas for improvement and implement measures to
mature the enterprise.
- Ensure timely and sustained resolution of internal and external
audit findings, requirement escapes, and customer complaints by
conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective and
- Participate in supplier/subcontractor selection and oversight
to ensure the flow down of applicable clauses and requirements and
that supplier/subcontractors are meeting contractual
- Leverage continuous improvement tools to drive harmonization
and standardization of business processes and systems across
- Prepare written inputs and provide review support for bids and
proposals; including actions to assure quality of products and
- Operate within budget and according to schedule and business
- Be proactive and effectively negotiate, influence, and persuade
leadership, customers, partners, peers, and projects to develop and
execute solutions to complex challenges. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and ten (10) years of prior relevant
experience; or Master's with eight (8) years of prior relevant
- 5+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
across multiple geographic locations.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 45001.
- Experience with contract manufacturing and in-house
- Served as Leader or have hands on experience in Continuous
Improvement and change management; Black Belt certification is
ideal, but not required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance and
maintain other clearances as needed (US Citizenship is
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: Leidos, St. Petersburg , Quality and Continuous Improvement Director, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!