Program Manager - TSA Product Delivery - Explosive Detection Systems
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Description: The Program Manager will lead key
customer and stakeholder strategic relationships of the assigned
product. The Program Manager will be lead all coordination,
management, and execution of all program activities associated with
assigned product delivery contract(s) and related growth projects
during the full lifecycle of programs/projects. This includes
leading customer and stakeholder communications as the primary
company interface, delivery of products and/or services in
accordance with program requirements, cost/technical/schedule
management ownership, program P&L ownership, new
business/development support, and corresponding new business
activities Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing key
stakeholder relationships within the TSA contracting environment,
with a focus on the assigned product contract(s) to enable
effective program execution including, program reviews, weekly
status meetings/reports, periodic deliverables, technical
interchange meetings and support new business opportunities.
- Support alignment of assigned product development with
end-customer mission needs in coordination with the Leidos Product
- Responsible for managing cost, schedule, and technical
performance of major programs/service in accordance with company
and industry best practices for program management across the
program lifecycle and product deployment/installation.
- Plans, organizes and integrates company resources required to
successfully manage the program(s) and meet contractual obligations
including leading functional team in execution of all contractual
obligations. This is done through development of a PM plan,
defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans,
procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, customer
service support, delivering product according to customer defined
schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final
- Develop strong internal partnerships across the Operation and
functional teams (e.g. Product Line Leads, Finance, Engineering,
Service, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal, and Quality)
- Establishes goals and objectives related to program support for
the functional and program team; obtains their commitments to those
goals; and, tracks progress.
- Program P&L ownership including developing and holding to
- Main interface to the internal Product Management group working
- Identifies business development and value added sales
opportunities related to programs, supports product management
efforts to manage the lifecycle of products and/or services
including improvements, enhancement and obsolescence, and supports
negotiations with customers.
- Reports program status to all stakeholders, prepares and
presents periodic status reports and monthly Program Management
Reviews with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and
makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant,
on time and within budget.
- Driving a culture of precision-delivery, integrity, and high
accountability for meeting plans.
- Effectively lead program support personnel as needed to achieve
programmatic and organization goals.
- Develops and implements strategic improvement initiatives for
delivery programs Basic Qualifications
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive and effective
customer relationships, representing Leidos as a trusted
- Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams and
relationships in a matrix environment; influence people outside of
direct reporting relationships/levels; and, communicate effectively
at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills are required for effective interface with internal and
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
management and customers is essential.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office applications
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and measurements to
program management e.g., ROI, earned value management, net present
- Must be able to successfully negotiate pricing, terms and
conditions with range of suppliers and customers.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments with
knowledge of MRP systems and Configuration Management
- Understanding of global business and US specific government
- Security Requirement: This position will require vetting by US
Department of Homeland Security and may require a secret security
clearance. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Highly prefer specific experience working with or on TSA
Checked Baggage Screening Products. Other TSA equipment or relevant
industry experience considered.
- PMP-- Certification is preferred. Highly relevant and
successful Program/Project Management experience may be considered
as an alternative. Preferred Qualifications
- Must be able to travel on regular basis a minimum of fifteen
percent (15%) of the time to key customers and suppliers.
- Experience with development, installation, delivery,
maintenance/warranty, and/or management of security detection &
- Experience in obtaining various permits, licenses, and
certifications, etc. for contract requirements.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization. EDUCATION
& EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior
relevant experience Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, St. Petersburg , Program Manager - TSA Product Delivery - Explosive Detection Systems, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!