Staff Sr. Director Finance
Company: General Dynamics Corporation
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Staff Sr. Director Finance
Job ID: 2021-12244
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
St Petersburg, FL
The Staff Sr. Director of Finance position, located in St.
Petersburg, FL will be the key finance leader supporting a
Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of General Dynamics Ordnance and
Tactical Systems (GD-OTS). The Staff Sr. Director of Finance will
provide hands on management of the financial functions with
responsibility for all fiscal functions of a decentralized SBU and
serves as a key member of the leadership team. The individual's key
work partner will be the SBU VP/GM and indirectly to the GD-OTS
CFO. This leader will ensure procedural and regulatory compliance
with applicable international, federal, state, local and corporate
requirements; oversee the business systems providing cost proposal,
estimate-at-completion and earned value reporting capabilities for
- Key relationship is with the VP GM of the SBU and as the
central point of contact and business partner to the VP of Finance
- Works directly with the Director of Finance and their team,
Tax, Human Resources, General Counsel, Contracts, Business
Development and other functions to ensure that decision making is
- Develops and provides key business metrics, indicators and
- Actively working within the leadership team to achieve desired
financial metrics for the operations.
- Provides financial oversight, analysis and support with an
operational and strategic mindset.
- Collaborates on proposal development and coordination including
development of win-strategies from interpreting RFPs, understanding
the competitive market and supply base impacts to program cash
- Financial modeling of proposed new offers, business models, and
- Ensures accuracy in SBU proposals so proposals meet all FAR and
- Oversees key accounting functions including consolidation and
reporting for monthly closings including communicating and
presenting financial data in various forums.
- Oversees monthly consolidated forecasts and develops the annual
strategic plan for the SBU.
- Provides leadership within the SBU including pricing,
government compliance, budgeting and forecasting, forward pricing
rate development and analysis.
- Completes ad-hoc analysis as required to support the
- Performs valuation modeling for potential M&A activity and
reviews data room financials.
- Interface with SBU staff to ensure proper controls and
compliance with US GAAP, company policies and statutory accounting
for any international entities.
- Provides and interprets data for contracting actions on
programs and supplier relationships.
- Performs and or reviews program performance, variance analysis,
financial controls and SOX compliance.
- Staff management including hiring, mentoring, performance
assessments and recognition. Coaching skills and experience with
remote workforce leadership.
- Provides direction for the accurate estimating of program costs
in support of new and existing contract actions.
- Interfaces with other disciplines regarding financial
forecasts, results, variances and problem areas.
- Advises senior management on matters such as effective use of
resources and assumptions underlying budget Makes recommendations
to senior management within the business. Advisor on performance
evaluation, cost management and asset management.
- Directs the data collection and analyzes present and past
operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues,
administrative commitments and obligations incurred to project
future revenues and expenses, collects the documentation of revenue
and expenditures expected and reports to leadership.
- Active working knowledge of FAR/DFARS, CAS, MMS, EVMS, and DCAA
oversees the maintenance of the automated budgeting systems which
provide control of expenditures for activities such as advertising
and marketing, production, maintenance, or to project activities
such as construction of buildings, oversees the development and
implementation of cost control measures.
- BS in Finance or Accounting; CPA or equivalent preferred; MBA
preferred; minimum of 15+ years of related experience which
includes at least 10 years of US Government contract financial
management and/or financial planning with 10 years supervisory
- Active working knowledge of FAR/DFARS, CAS, EVMS and DCAA
policies and procedures. Ability to understand international cost
concepts such as foreign exchange rates and Value Added Tax.
- Strong computer skills, scheduling and team interface.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills with ability to
present financial concepts concisely to non-financial leaders.
Thrives in leading a teamwork environment
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality work product.
Manages competing demands while meeting commitments.
- Works within the highest level of integrity, ethics and
- Operates under limited direction and exercises independent
judgment with follow through on commitments and quality
- Experience managing people, projects and tasks ensuring
appropriate responses and priority. Demonstrated ability to lead,
develop and retain talent within the finance organization
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and determine linkages to
- US Citizen or permanent resident alien status.
- Able to think strategically and execute tactically.
- High sense of urgency and able to handle multiple assignments
with tight deadlines.
PI128268607 General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a
global leader in the design, engineering and production of
munitions, weapons, lightweight tactical vehicles, missile
components and armament systems around the world. Copyright 2021
General Dynamics Corporation
Keywords: General Dynamics Corporation, St. Petersburg , Staff Sr. Director Finance, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!