Director of Supply Chain Strategy
Company: General Dynamics Corporation
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: February 22, 2021
GD (NYSE) $150.77 January 08, 2021 04:00PM Responsibilities for
Director of Supply Chain Strategy
Job ID: 2021-12255
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Supply Chain/Logistics
St Petersburg, FL
Directs organizational sourcing strategies and programs meant to
identify, evaluate, and maintain a vendor network.The Supply Chain
Strategy Director will lead the development and deployment of
numerous General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS)
wide strategic initiatives to drive to a unified GD-OTS supply
chain engagement approach and alignment across the business, where
appropriate. The ideal candidate will focus on the development and
deployment of best practice solutions that promote and enhance
strategic business unit (SBU) initiatives. This role will provide a
wide range of cross-business support and contribute to the
preparation and deployment of enhanced supplier initiatives,
communication and engagement to aid in the streamlining of SBU and
site-level supply chain efforts. Key initiatives include Supplier
Relationship Management, Supplier Segmentation, Supplier Risk
Management, Supplier Performance and Commodity Management.The ideal
candidate must be effective at leveraging expertise, collaborating
and influencing others to execute strategic, essential,
- Oversees development of sourcing strategies to identify vendors
that meet the organization's quality, cost, or service
- Establishes policies and practices for evaluating products,
goods, or services prior to purchase, and ensures standards are
continuously met after purchase.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements and ensures compliance with
internal or external purchasing requirements.
- Identifies trends in organizational purchasing and identifies
opportunities for cost reduction through purchase
- Acts as a liaison between internal stakeholders and external
suppliers, maintaining relationships and ensuring satisfaction.
Champions the strategy to build long-term, sustainable value and
develop an GD-OTS wide sourcing strategy that leverages the GD-OTS
- Partner with SBU leaders and site supply chain professionals to
reduce cost and build an agile and responsive supply chain.
- Develop a centralized sourcing strategy that delivers a
competitive advantage while supporting product, programs and
- Lead the standardization and improvement of the GD-OTS supplier
performance methodology and supplier quality process.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Computer
Science, Finance, Accounting and Business Administration or related
field from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 10+
years of program/project-related experience, 7-10 years related USG
experience and/or training; or equivalent.
- Supply chain management experience in a manufacturing
environment is essential.
- Aerospace and defense experience is essential.
- USG contracting experience is essential.
- General Dynamic knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will be results-oriented, data-driven, and an
PI128321647 General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is a
global leader in the design, engineering and production of
munitions, weapons, lightweight tactical vehicles, missile
components and armament systems around the world. Copyright 2021
General Dynamics Corporation
Keywords: General Dynamics Corporation, St. Petersburg , Director of Supply Chain Strategy, Executive , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!