Sr Quality Engineer
Company: West Pharmaceutical Services
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Sr Quality Engineer
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2017 sales of $1.6 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
Supports all quality system and functions. Assists in establishing systems to support the facility to drive continuous improvements and minimize the costs of non-conformance. Plans, schedules, executes and communicates all items regarding quality issues, complaints, validations and other projects to the QA Manager and/or other interested parties. Performs all duties associated with compliance-related items for ISO standards and cGMps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead regional site Quality Engineers/Quality Specialists in meeting customer expectations in complaint investigation responses. Aid in assuring expected turn-around time metric is attained.
- Develop site Quality Engineer staff in usage of tools and processes for customer complaint investigations/continuous improvement.
- Analyze data, process capabilities, customer concerns and expectations and any other leading or lagging indicators, which may be used to improve product and process knowledge.
- Interact with customers in order to understand and integrate those requirements into West manufacturing and quality system requirements.
- Identify manufacturing and development constraints. Work with management and technical staff in performing root cause failure analysis and implementing corrective and preventive actions to preclude recurrence.
- Assists facility with quality improvement programs by utilizing Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques, including the education of facility personnel on these tools and techniques
- Assumes responsibility for various assigned projects designed to improve product quality, reduce costs and/or validate facility products or processes, including development and implementation of any new or required inspection methods and in-process SPC programs
- Participates in ISO and corporate quality system audits.
- Fills in for Quality Manager as requested or required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned based on business needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 - 8 Years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Customer interface and meeting customer expectations
- Experience with Project Management Tools, Quality Risk Management, and Six Sigma problem solving tools, SPC
- Experience with SAP and SharePoint a plus.
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Able to comply with the company's safety policy at all times
- List any safety requirements applicable to role within your country
- Able to comply with the company's quality policy at all times.
- List any quality requirements applicable to role within your country
Physical and Travel Requirements
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of time.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com. Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.
Keywords: West Pharmaceutical Services, St. Petersburg , Sr Quality Engineer, Engineering , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!