Digital Design Engineer
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: September 10, 2018
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Digital Design Engineer to work in our St. Petersburg, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your knowledge and experience designing communication and electronic systems among various projects. This job will focus on the digital design aspects of Embedded Systems Design and will provide exposure to the entire lifecycle of the design process. The Leidos facility in St. Petersburg provides design, development, modeling and simulation, analysis, prototyping and testing of advanced electronic systems, with a focus on embedded communication systems, Software Defined Radios and Phased Array Antenna Systems to various DOD and commercial customers. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in designing, developing and testing sophisticated electronic communications hardware and firmware.
- Perform Logic Design; write VHDL code, logic simulation, synthesis and testing for use within FPGA/CPLD devices along with documentation to support the designs.
- Review and analyze requirements, participate in defining, deriving and allocating hardware requirements.
- Translate conceptual designs into detailed design specifications, electrical schematics, complete bills of materials (BOMs) and Printed Circuit Board Design (PCB) layout techniques, documents and drawings.
- Provide technical support for all phases of a project including scheduling, design, system test, cost estimates, engineering specifications and various drawings.
- Involved with testing and integration of hardware and software/firmware within complex electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, improve and optimize designs from prototypes to matured products.
- BS and/or MS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 2 ? 4 years of experience with Embedded Systems Design.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of Digital logic design using VHDL with FPGA?s, CPLD/s, SOC?s and/or Microcontrollers and associated tools (like Xilinx Vivado or Altera equivalent)
- Experience with VHDL simulation ? using part vendor tools or third party (Xilinx simulator, A ctive HDL, etc.)
- Experience with C/C++ language software development for embedded, real-time systems.
- Experience with using various test equipment ? Oscilloscope, Voltmeter, Logic Analyzer
- Self-motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills who pays close attention to detail.
- Able to work and collaborate within a multidisciplinary engineering environment . Desired Skills:
- Active Security Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Experience supporting all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, product development, integration, test, technical documentation and review of complex systems.
- Experience with digital signal processing and Matlab modeling of communications systems
- Experience with design, testing, integration and troubleshooting electronic circuits within embedded systems including digital, analog and radio frequency (RF) subsystems.
- Familiar with specific vendors including Xilinx and ST-Micro or Freescale (NXP) devices.
- Knowledge of microprocessors, FPGAs, VHDL, DDR and flash memories; I2C, SPI, RS232/422, USB and Ethernet interfaces.
- Knowledge in Cadence Allegro/OrCAD or Altium Designer.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world?s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company?s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit . The company?s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Leidos, St. Petersburg , Digital Design Engineer, Engineering , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!