NOW HIRING RECYCLE MECHANIC (Plus Offering Sign-On Bonus $1,250 (St Petersburg FL)
Company: Waste Connections
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Waste Connections has an immediate opening for a Recycle Plant
Mechanic in our Material Recovery Facility in St Petersburg,
Florida. This position will perform maintenance on manufacturing
equipment, recycling equipment, balers, motors, conveyors,
electronics, and other plant equipment and rolling stock such as
forklifts, skid steer, loaders, small gas generators, plumbing, and
lighting.This position requires weekend availability with a bility
to work various hours and flexible shifts when needed. POSITION
- Has in-depth knowledge of tools and maintenance principles
including familiarity with job hazard analysis, PPE, OSHA, ANSI and
Federal NEC standards.
- Conducts basic cleaning, inspection, lubricating, and
adjustments of facility and equipment.
- Understanding of function and maintenance requirements of
processing and facility equipment.
- Understanding of hydraulic functions, maintenance, and
- Understanding of rolling stock function and maintenance
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on various devices
and equipment which require electrical, mechanical, hydraulic,
welding, and electrical motor skills.
- Perform routine maintenance or repairs on recycling equipment
such as star gears, fingers sorters, ballistics, conveyor belts,
and optical sorters. Tasks often require cleaning, inspecting and
or lubricating plant equipment.
- Review and complete daily inspection reports.
- Conduct safety inspections on recycle equipment, facility
building, and other relative rolling stock or operating
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections and fill out proper
paperwork on time.
- Provide direction and assistance to the "Maintenance Technician
- Helps with inventory control of facility, equipment, shop parts
and supplies, and maintain inventory control of maintenance repair
- Must be able and willing to work with outside vendors as it
pertains to troubleshooting and repairing any and all equipment
necessary to our operation.
- Attend all scheduled safety meetings. Report any safety or
equipment related issues to your supervisor. This position reports
to the maintenance manager.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate, EPA and OSHA standards. WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL
- Requires strenuous physical work, heavy lifting, pushing, or
pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop or outdoors to repair
equipment in the field.
- Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and
to handle greasy or dirty tools and objects. These factors require
following basic safety precautions. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Safety conscious practices and habits a must.
- 3 to 5 yrs. experience working with in an industrial, plant or
- 3 to 5 yrs. experience working with hydraulics, electrical and
power transmission components- including
diagnostics/troubleshooting and subsequent repair efforts- minor to
- 2 to 3 yrs. experience working using loaders and forklifts a
- 2 to 3 yrs. experience performing routine and preventative
maintenance- including greasing, lube services, adjustments and
- 2 to 3 years experience in metal fabrication and repairs-
includes welding, torches and cutting/grinding.
- Must provide own personal tools and tool box. WHAT WE OFFER :
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible
spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K
retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
- VETERANS are encouraged to apply.If you have questions or need
help with your application feel free to call the Recruiter Pete
Carreon at . We offer excellent benefits including: medical,
dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability,
life insurance, 401K retirement. Waste Connections is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, St. Petersburg , NOW HIRING RECYCLE MECHANIC (Plus Offering Sign-On Bonus $1,250 (St Petersburg FL), Engineering , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!