Senior Front End Engineer, Apps Dev
Company: Raymond James
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: July 31, 2022
About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500
diversified holding company providing financial services to
individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary
companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning,
in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered
in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000
financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States,
Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth
and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the
premier alternative to Wall Street.
Raymond James is seeking a talented Senior developer with an
emphasis on Angular UI Development for its Global Equities and
Investment Banking (GEIB) technology team. At Raymond James, we are
building the premier alternative to Wall Street using the latest
technologies. You will be responsible for collaborating with team
members and stakeholders in designing, coding, testing,
implementing, maintaining, and supporting business solutions that
meet the business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate will work on the development of GEIB Applications
(in-house and home-grown applications) in an Angular, .NET, Oracle
and SQL Server environment.
- Analyzes system requirements, including identifying program
interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components
and sub systems.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to
reuse of existing code.
- Leads or participates in assigned projects, including assigning
tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
- May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management
for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting
opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
- Participates in software system testing and validation
procedures, programming and documentation.
- Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming
- Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output
requirements and flow charts.
- Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records
- Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches
to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related
degree with 5-7 years of relevant development or engineering
experience or combination of education, training and
- 3 - 5+ years of experience as application developer.
3+ years of development as a front end developer using Angular,
- Experience with .NET, Oracle, SQL Server as the core stack
- Experience with REST and SOAP services
Nice to have
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD practices and using software
version control tools (e.g., GIT, TFS).
- Experience working in Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid software
- Experience with ETL (ODI) and Reporting tools (Jaspersoft) is a
- Experience with Cloud-enabling technologies and containers is a
- Financial Service experience.
- None required
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors
(Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the
firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a
conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for
delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness,
experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When
associates bring their best authentic self, our organization,
clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our
people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer
and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and
Primary Location :
US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Keywords: Raymond James, St. Petersburg , Senior Front End Engineer, Apps Dev, Engineering , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!