Associate Actuary Level 3
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Job Description Summary
Do you have experience with VUL or Merrill Lynch blocks of variable
life policies? Are you interested in leading the quarter end
valuation process for a team? Do you have experience with IFRS17 or
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do:
As an Associate Actuary you will direct and provide leadership in
the valuation of VUL and Merrill Lynch (i.e. ML) blocks of variable
life and ISWL policies. In addition you will oversees a small team
of Transamerica employees and external consultants within the
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong
relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a
Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility
and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Lead the quarter-end valuation processes for VUL and Merrill
Lynch blocks of business. This includes Stat, Tax and IFRS.
- Presentation to management of IFRS quarterly results, including
- Generating and explaining results, including period-to-period
variations, of quarterly sensitivity scenarios required for IFRS
and also required for capital budgeting
- Manage the annual and quarterly cash flow testing processes for
VUL and ML blocks
- Actively participate in experience studies and testing
unlocking impacts required by IFRS
- Provide auditors and external clients information required
regarding VUL and ML blocks
- Assistance as required in conversion of projection models from
Moses to AXIS
- Implementation of IFRS 17 for VUL and ML blocks
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques,
laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and
competitive developments in the marketplace.
- Providing effective development of team, including helping
actuarial students advance in ADP.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with
Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed
discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional
designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization
and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing,
advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to
effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Preferred: experience with AXIS (Moses experience also
valuable), Excel, VBA, Alteryx, Word, PowerPoint,or ArcVal
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program.
Keywords: Transamerica, St. Petersburg , Associate Actuary Level 3, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!