Company: Market Traders Institute, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2018
Market Traders Institute Inc. (MTI) is an industry leader in trading technology and investor education for the past 20+ years; based in Orlando, Florida. We help investors make better, faster, and smarter trading decisions by using our proprietary strategies and trading technology. MTI has been recognized as an INC. 5000 fastest growing companies in America and has received several awards for the being a Best Place to Work in Central Florida.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President / CFO the Corporate Controller will manage a team of eight to support multiple business units. The successful candidate will be self-directed, hands-on, and energetic, have a high sense of urgency, and be able to function comfortably in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Monthly close and reporting
- Cash and Treasury Management
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly metrics reporting
- Independent Audit preparation
- Fixed Assets
- Strong technical knowledge and solid management of Internal Controls
The successful candidate will be someone who owns the result, not just the process; who thinks and works outside the box; is a self-driven team player; and has a high level of commitment to getting the job done right the first time. The Corporate Controller will have the career-enhancing opportunity to spearhead migration to a new Accounting & Business Intelligence system.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university
- Active CPA or five to seven years as Corporate Controller (not BU or Regional Controller) in a company with $50M or more in annual revenue
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous self-development
- Advanced, current working knowledge of SalesForce CRM or a similar CRM a must
- Experience managing credit card merchant providers eg; Authorize.net, RocketGate
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with one or more enterprise-level ERP solutions, e.g. MS Dynamics AX, Oracle NetSuite, Sage Intacct, etc.
- Solid working knowledge of Revenue Recognition principles
- Masters degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in the Software space
- Experience in a subscription-based business model
- Systems migration to enterprise-level solutions
- SEC reporting
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision for the employee
- 401k tiered match up to 4% of annual salary
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 3 paid volunteer days
- 7 Paid holidays
- Respectful environment
- Work-life balance
- Overall team collaboration and support
- Snacks and drinks provided throughout the day
- Breakfast provided on Fridays
- Company functions
Physical Activity for this position:
Sitting and/or standing -Must be able to remain in a stationary position at 50%. Walking -The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Talk/hear Speaking-Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information. Use hands/fingers to handle or feel Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Qualified candidates will be asked to take a drug and background screen.
Keywords: Market Traders Institute, Inc., St. Petersburg , Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!