Contracts Mgr 1 (Remote/Hybrid)
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewConducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation and
contract administration oversight and management of assigned
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) domestic
and international defense supply, production and research and
development contracts. Directs activities concerned with contracts
for sale of equipment, materials, products, or service by
performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
-Major Position Responsibilities
- Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production
costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure
completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares bids, process specifications, test and progress
reports, and other exhibits that may be required. Prepares and
coordinates Proposal Action Forms, Maxcim contract entries,
- Ensures compliance with terms and conditions of the contract
and identifies and solves problems that threaten performance.
- Develops proper contracting strategy to rectify contract
- Ensures timely submission of contract reports including but not
limited to any anticipated reports or hardware delivery
delinquencies in accordance with GDOTS policies and procedures in
the execution of duties.
- Provides departmental budget input.
- Performs contract closeouts.
- Negotiates contract changes in price, terms and conditions and
delivery as authorized.
- Signs moderatelycomplex contract awards, modifications and
correspondence as authorized in GDOTS Grant of Authority
- Awards and administers contracts including final approval of
- Requests or approves amendments to or extensions of
- Advises planning and production departments of contractual
rights and obligations.
- Compiles data for preparing estimates.
- Maintains contract and contractor status databases.
- Reviews all correspondence concerning contractors and responds
- Establishes and maintains contact with customers to ensure the
smooth working of the contract awarding process.
- Acts as liaison between company and the customer in meetings to
include PCO, ACO, DCAA and seniorlevel government
- Coordinates work of Program Management to implement fulfillment
of contracts.#LI-CF2Basic QualificationsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software;
Internet software; Order processing systems; Project Management
software; Database software and Contact Management systems.
- Possesses a demonstrated mastery of contracting methods and
contract types used in the U. S. Defense industry, as prescribed in
the FAR, DFARS, gained through training and previous Contract
Administration/Contract Manager experience.
- Strong computer skills, administrative data control, scheduling
and team interface.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and teamwork
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Manages competing demands while meeting commitments.
- Works within the highest level of integrity, ethics and
- Operates under limited direction and exercises independent
- Travel, including possible international travel, is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, Economics, Industrial Mgmt or in a related field
from 4 year college or university; or a min of 8 years related
Contract Administrator exp and/or training; or equv combination of
- Minimum of 8 years related Contract Administrator experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience with at least 5 years staff management experience. -Pay
Range (USD) $94,871.03 - $142,306.54/Annu.BenefitsEmployees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, short and long-term
disability, and basic life insurance as well as pre-tax spending
accounts. Employees are also able to enroll in the company's 401k
plan and are eligible for the Non-Contributory Retirement
Contribution. In addition to the benefits discussed above, the
company offers the following voluntary benefits: Critical Illness
Insurance, Accident Insurance, Identify Theft Protection, Enhanced
Legal Services, Auto and Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Commuter
Benefits, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Educational Assistance.PTO,
Holiday, and Family LeaveEmployees will receive 11 paid holidays
and 120 hours of PTO annually and up to 3 weeks paid family
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, St. Petersburg , Contracts Mgr 1 (Remote/Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!