Data Analyst, Banking
Company: First Home Bank
Location: Saint Petersburg
Posted on: May 13, 2022
First Home Bank is a full-service community bank as well as a
national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing
a wide range of high-quality banking services delivered in a
personalized, friendly manner. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in
St. Petersburg, Florida, we are a true community bank with the goal
of becoming a one-stop shop and trusted financial resource for the
communities that we serve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we
are committed to providing career development opportunities,
competitive compensation, and generous benefits to our entire
workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in
an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and
a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the
Position SummaryThe Banking Data Analyst will work with Bank
business units and technical staff to design and deliver reports
and analytics to bank leaders. By working with technical staff, the
Data Analyst will design, develop, maintain, update, and analyze
comprehensive financial models, integrating both historical,
current, and proforma information. This role will work closely with
various levels of the organization to effectively identify and
address business issues through models and reports and prepare for
ad hoc and routine meetings.This position requires a comprehensive
understanding of the various business drivers of the banking
industry, for application in developing, maintaining, and analyzing
financial models.The ideal candidate should have a working
knowledge of how technology is applied to solve Bank problems. An
understanding of Microsoft SQL, database concepts and data
presentation is required.First Home Bank's Banking Data Analyst
will bridge the gap between the bank business units and technology,
therefore, a high proficiency in written and verbal communication
is a necessity.This position will report to the CTO and work
extensively with Finance, the Bank Business leaders, and the
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Work with Business Unit leaders to understand Data
requirements, recommend solutions
- Design reports, analytics, and models
- Define technical requirements and resolve issues
- Work with technical staff on development, testing and QA
- Make recommendations as appropriate for future
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Requirements Include But Are Not Limited To
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required in
Information Management, Data Management, Computer Science or
related field of study
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in a reporting and/or
- Bank experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal business
partners and external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the
ability to perform independently in setting objectives and driving
- Proven analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of data warehouse structures.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, Cognos, and Power BI preferred.
- Ability to research complex issues.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Standard office environment. Ability to operate standard office
equipment such as PC, printer, fax/copier, and telephone.
First Home Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are
essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic
business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer,
and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: First Home Bank, St. Petersburg , Data Analyst, Banking, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Petersburg, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!